Australian Horse Racing
We all want to be competitive in everything we do. And no more so that with punting on horse racing.
Success in punting on horses, in fact most things reduces down to an information war - the people with the best information make the smart moves.
Books have been and still are the best source of general information, and this applies at least as much in the art of racehorse selection and staking as in any other field.
Author Paul Segar has produced textbooks which cover all aspects of punting. The books alone stand as a complete reference but also provide 'food for thought'. You can develop / improve your own ideas as well as learn some new techniques.
Each book is written in plain English with plenty of practical examples in each chapter. Browse the contents of each book or email for further information, if required.
Improve your punting knowledge today - buy one or all of these books.
Read the books but want more? It's time to do a course.
The Pureform Introduction Course uses a computer program to show you how and when to bet and how to do it successfully. Check out the details
The Benchmark Handipper Course continues from the Introduction Course and gives you further weapons to apply when making quality value selections. More...
Buy all three books now:
Pureform Terms of Service
Welcome to Pureform. Pureform provides its service to you, subject to the following Terms of Service ("TOS"), which may be updated by us from time to time without notice to you. In addition, when using particular Pureform services, you and Pureform shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such services which may be posted from time to time. All such guidelines or rules are hereby incorporated by reference into the TOS.
Pureform ackowledges that you must be over the age of 18 to place a wager on horse racing and so it is therefore a condition that anyone using this website will be over the age of 18.
Pureform may also offer other services from time to time. If so, these different Terms of Service will be made known to you when you register to use such services.
Please help us keep Pureform an enjoyable and positive experience. If you see a listing that violates the rules below, please contacting us through the Feedback Form
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE
Pureform currently provides users with access to a collection of on-line resources consisting of important written material. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new Pureform properties, shall be subject to the TOS. You understand and agree that the Service is provided "AS-IS" and that Pureform assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalisation settings.
In order to use the Service, you must obtain access to the World Wide Web, either directly or through devices that access web-based content, and pay any service fees associated with such access. In addition, you must provide all equipment necessary to make such connection to the World Wide Web, including a computer and modem or other access device. Please be aware that Pureform has created certain areas on the Service that contain adult or mature content.
As already mentioned, you must be at least 18 years of age to access and view such areas. By clicking "I Accept" above or below you certify that you are 18 years of age or older.
YOUR REGISTRATION OBLIGATIONS
In consideration of your use of the Service, you agree to:
- provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Service's registration form (such information being the "Registration Data"); and
- maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
In particular to register, you must provide your real name and email address. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Pureform has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Pureform has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service (or any portion thereof).
MEMBER ACCOUNT, PASSWORD AND SECURITY
You create password and account designation upon completing the Service's registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to:
- immediately notify Pureform of any unauthorised use of your password or account or any other breach of security; and
- ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. Pureform cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this.
Comments in this section apply to current and future services offered by Pureform. You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials ("Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This means that you, and not Pureform, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email or otherwise transmit via the Service. Pureform does not control the Content posted via the Service and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will Pureform be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the Service.
You agree to not use the Service to:
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, sexually, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or vilifying;
- harm minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Pureform official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas (such as shopping rooms) that are designated for such purpose;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to "scroll" faster than other users of the Service are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real time exchanges;
- interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the forces of law or
- collect or store personal data about other users.
You acknowledge that Pureform does not pre-screen Content, but that Pureform and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or move any Content that is available via the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, Pureform and its designees shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the TOS or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any Content created by Pureform or submitted to Pureform.
You acknowledge and agree that Pureform may preserve Content and may also disclose Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the TOS; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Pureform, its users and the public.
You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may involve: (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
SPECIAL ADMONITIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL USE
Recognising the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable Content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from Australia, New Zealand or the country in which you reside.
INDEMNITY AND RELEASE
You agree to indemnify and hold Pureform, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post to or transmit through the Service, your use of the Service, your connection to the Service, your violation of the TOS, or your violation of any rights of another.
NO RESALE OF SERVICE
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service.
GENERAL PRACTICES REGARDING USE AND STORAGE
You acknowledge that Pureform may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Service. You agree that Pureform has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any messages and other communications or other Content maintained or transmitted by the Service. You acknowledge that Pureform reserves the right to log off accounts that are inactive for an extended period of time. You further acknowledge that Pureform reserves the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
MODIFICATIONS TO SERVICE
Pureform reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that Pureform shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
You agree that Pureform, in its sole discretion, may terminate your password, account (or any part thereof) or use of the Service, and remove and discard any Content within the Service, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if Pureform believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the TOS. Pureform may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the Service, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Service under any provision of this TOS may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that Pureform may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related information and files in your account and/or bar any further access to such files or the Service. Further, you agree that Pureform shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Service.
DEALINGS WITH ADVERTISERS
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Service, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that Pureform shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Service.
The Service may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because Pureform has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Pureform is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Pureform shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
PUREFORM'S PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
You acknowledge and agree that the Service and any necessary software used in connection with the Service ("Software") contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You further acknowledge and agree that Content contained in sponsor advertisements or information presented to you through the Service or advertisers is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by Pureform or advertisers, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Service or the Software, in whole or in part.
Pureform grants you a personal, non-transferable and non-exclusive right and license to use the object code of its Software on a single computer; provided that you do not (and do not allow any third party to) copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in or otherwise transfer any right in the Software. You agree not to modify the Software in any manner or form, or to use modified versions of the Software, including (without limitation) for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to the Service. You agree not to access the Service by any means other than through the interface that is provided by Pureform for use in accessing the Service.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
You expressly understand and agree that:
- Your use of the service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. Pureform expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement;
- Pureform, unless otherwise stated, makes no warranty that:
- the service will meet your requirements;
- the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free;
- the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable;
- the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations; and
- any errors in the software will be corrected.
- any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the service is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
- no advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Pureform or through or from the service shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the TOS.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
You expressly understand and agree that Pureform shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Pureform has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from:
the use or the inability to use the service;
the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service;
- unauthorised access to or alteration of your transmissions or data;
- statements or conduct of any third party on the service; or
- any other matter relating to the service.
If you are a resident of Australia, you agree that Pureform's liability for any breach of a condition or warranty implied by Division 2 of Part v of the Trade Practices Act (other than a condition or warranty implied by section 69 of that Act) in respect of the service shall be limited as follows:
- in the case of goods, to any one or more of the following (as Pureform may determine): (1) the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods; (2) the repair of the goods; (3) the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or acquiring equivalent goods; or (4) the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired.
- in the case of services, to one of the following (as Pureform may determine): (1) the payment of the supplying of the services again; or (2) the cost of having the services supplied again, except as expressly provided elsewhere.
- If you are a resident of New Zealand and use this service for a business purpose, you agree that the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 will not apply to the supply of the Service or these terms.
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations of sections 17 and 18 may not apply to you.
SPECIAL ADMONITION FOR SERVICES RELATING TO FINANCIAL MATTERS
If you intend to create or join any service, receive or request any news, messages, alerts or other information from the Service concerning companies, stock quotes, investments or securities, please read the above Sections 18 and 19 again. They go doubly for you. In addition, for this type of information particularly, the phrase "Let the investor beware" is apt. The Service is provided for informational purposes only, and no Content included in the Service is intended for trading or investing purposes. Pureform shall not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, usefulness or availability of any information transmitted via the Service, and shall not be responsible or liable for any trading or investment decisions made based on such information.
Notices to you may be made via either email or regular mail. The Service may also provide notices of changes to the TOS or other matters by displaying notices or links to notices to you generally on the Service.
The TOS constitute the entire agreement between you and Pureform and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Pureform. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use affiliate services, third-party content or third-party software. The TOS and the relationship between you and Pureform shall be governed by the laws of the State of Victoria without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and Pureform agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the State of Victoria. The failure of Pureform to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TOS shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the TOS is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavour to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the TOS remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or the TOS must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
There is no agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchisor-franchisee relationship between Pureform and any user of the Service. Any notice to you or to us shall be made by either email or regular mail. We may also give notice of changes to these terms and conditions or other matters related to Pureform Auctions by displaying notices to users on the Service. You agree not to resell or assign your rights or obligations under these terms and conditions. You also agree not to make any unauthorised commercial use of the Service.
The section titles in the TOS are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.